I knew I had something when my hubby tried it and said, “This is awesome!” and then a few days later “Can you make that chicken awesome dish?” Chicken Awesome sounded like a much better name than chicken, tomato, artichoke, spinach and more dish. I’ve tested it out on a few happy participants and wanted to pass the recipe along. (Don’t like artichokes? Try it! My friend who hates artichokes, ate the whole thing and has recently changed their mind about them.)
1 can artichoke (cup in halves or quartered)
1 can chopped tomatoes (I like it with garlic and oregano)
1 pack of mushrooms (I like portobello mushrooms)
1-2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
A few big handfuls of spinach
Garlic salt and oregano
Above is all you need for delicious-ness but I’ve thrown in any other veggies that I have laying around – broccoli, zucchini, onion, asparagus.
1. Pan fry the chicken with a little oil for a few minutes on each side (drain if necessary) then cut them roughly into 1/2 inch cubes and cook for a few more minutes.
2. Once the chicken is cooked add the canned tomatoes (I drain some of the juice from the can in a side cup and add more if needed)
3. Drain artichokes then add to pan (make sure they’re cut into halves or quarters.)
4. Have other veggies? Add those too and mix everything together.
5. Add oregano and garlic salt to taste
6. Cook for 5 minutes (to get the flavors to simmer together.)
7. Then add a few big handfuls of spinach and cook 5 more minutes or so.